Check out our 2012 Gambling Counseling and Prevention Training Series!
Visit our gambling website, www.FacetheOdds.org, for more information about the program, including a list of our gambling services.
Would you know a gambling problem if you saw it in a friend, loved one, co-worker, patient, or student? It’s important to know the signs because 3% of the population may have a problem, which puts them and their families at a financial and emotional risk. Here are some warning signs:
· Preoccupied with gambling and unable to stop
· Bragging about gambling, exaggerating wins and minimizing losses
· Restless and irritable when not gambling
· Gambling to win back what you’ve lost
· Borrowing money for gambling
· Lying to hide time spent gambling or unpaid debts
· Frequent unexplained absences
· Losing time because of gambling
· Doing something illegal to get money for gambling
· Jeopardizing a significant relationship or job by gambling