According to a report from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), each year, drinking by college students aged 18 to 24 contributes to an estimated:
· 1,700 student deaths
· 599,000 injuries
· 97,000 cases of sexual assault or date rape
Our staff of experienced, trained professionals will work with your institution to implement a comprehensive, best-practice approach to address substance use among your student population.
Our services include:
· Inventory of current substance use services/programs and policies on campus
· Development of social norms campaigns and social hosting initiatives
· Evidence-based education/prevention programs to address high-risk behaviors
· Development of a comprehensive high-risk behavior reduction program
Research shows that initiatives aimed at reducing alcohol problems among college-age youth have been effective, leading to reductions in: Underage drinking, alcohol-related assaults, emergency department visits and alcohol-related crashes.
Contact: Jennifer Harrison, (216) 431-4131 x1117