What is the time requirement for prevention programs?
- ABC Preschool Program – 16 sessions – 3 hours per session
- Anger Management – 5 sessions – 90 minutes per session
- Dare to Be You – 8 sessions – 2 hours per session
- Botvins Lifeskills – 8-15 sessions (depending on level) – 45 minutes per session
- PRO – 5 sessions – 3 hours per session
- PIR – 1-10 sessions (depending on need) – 20-45 minutes per session
- Teen Institute – Activity/engagement varies (Typical is 10 interactions and approximately 30 hours of engagement over the course of a year)
Is there a limit to how long an individual can be involved in a prevention program? Individuals typically do not receive services beyond the length of their program. If an individual is unable to complete their program on the first attempt, they may register for a future class session and re-engage in services as long as they continue to make progress towards their prevention plan.
Is there a minimum amount of time required in order to be successful? No, but there are benchmarks established by each program that are required for an individual to successfully meet their milestones.